Improvement of a Public Utility Authority Complaint Responding System
Vázquez González, Juan
MetadatosMostrar el registro completo del ítem
Abstract - This project will be conducted in the Operations Department of a Public Utility Authority. The project will focus on the improvement of the agency complaints respond service. The Six Sigma DMAIC model was used to conduct this project. After analyzing and calculating the Data Sheets, it was found that 84% of the complaints were received in the Call Center and the other 16% came from External Sources (complaints reported directly to the Operational Areas). It was also found that the Call Center had a Complaints First Pass Yield (FPY) of 30% and the External Sources had a FPY of 55%. By applying Lean Six Sigma methodology a 100% sreening by the field inspector before the brigates were assigned and a complaint receiver system to eliminate data entry errors and duplicity were implemented. A 70% reduction in volume of complaints reported for “Salideros” and “Desbordes” in grand total was achieved. Key Terms - Customer Satisfaction, Data Accuracy, Operational Costs and Responding Time of Complaints.